By Arun Chase
Let’s face it, the girls like a guy with a firm, muscular set of glutes! So don’t you just wish you could have a butt that is muscular, shaped and firm and not that sorry flabby or tiny non-existent one that you presently have?
If you have flabby tummy, you can cheat and hide it by wearing really loose shirt. But if you have a saggy backside, there’s just no way you can hide that fact unless you “walk” around whilst sitting on your butt.
The butt muscles are composed of the gluteus maximus, medius and minimums. Among the three, the maximus is one of the largest and strongest muscles in the body. It is also a quite prominent part that you need to work on to make your butt look good in the jeans you have.
So what then are the best exercises to build these bum muscles up? Let’s look at that.
Bigger Butt Exercise #1: Squats
1) Put an empty barbell on the rack, just above shoulder height, and put on the chosen weight
2) Step under the bar and place the barbell on the back of your shoulders (just under the neck) and your hands on either side. Now lift the barbell off the rack by straightening your legs and your body.
3) Now, move away from the rack and set your feet to shoulder width apart, toes slightly pointing out and keep your head up and back completely straight. This is your starting point
4) Next, as you breathe in, bend your knees, sitting backwards with your hips, whilst keeping your back straight. Carry on going till your thighs are pretty much parallel to the floor.
5) Now straighten your legs, pushing off the floor, as you breathe out. Carry on going till you return to the starting position, making sure you do not lock your knees.
6) Repeat steps 4-5 for 6-12 reps per set.
Bigger Butt Exercise #2: Lunges
1) Do exactly the same first 3 steps as squats. This is your starting position
2) Next, take a fairly large step forward with your right leg and squat down through your hips, keeping your back straight and bending both knees. Keep going till your right thigh is ALMOST parallel to the floor. However make sure you do not allow your knee to go forward past your toes, if it does, adjust your position. Breathe in as you do this.
3) Now push up using your right foot, straightening your legs and move back your feet to a side by side position. Breathe out as you do this.
4) Repeat steps 2-3 for 6-12 reps, then do the same stepping forward with your left foot. Do this for 3-4 sets per foot.
Bigger Butt Exercise #3: Stiff-Legged Deadlift
This exercise is a great workout for the butt, hamstring and lower back.
1) Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart in front of a loaded barbell.
2) With your back straight, bend your knees and your hips and grasp the barbell with a shoulder width apart grip. This is your starting position.
3) Lift the weight up by straightening your knees and your hips (and your torso). Keep going till you become fully upright. Then in the upright position, stick your chest out and contract the back by bringing the shoulder blades back. Also squeeze your glutes as you do this. This should be one smooth movement and you must breathe out as you do this.
4) Return to the starting position, by slowly bending forward from the hips and bending your knees slightly. Make sure the weight doesn’t rest on the floor though.
5) Repeat steps 3-4 for 6-12 reps per set. Do 3-4 sets of this.
Please note though, If you have back problems, don’t do this exercise.
Bigger Butt Exercise #4: Step-ups
This is a great exercise for the butt providing you use a step that is high enough. If you are a beginner, a 4 to 6-inch high platform will do but ideally you want to use a bench. As you progress, your target height is for your thighs to become parallel with the platform. To do step up do the following:
1) Grasp the dumbbells and place your right foot on the platform (use a bench), and push up using the heel as you lift your body up. Breathe out as you do this making sure you concentrate your full weight on the right leg.
2) Lower your body down to the starting position as you breathe in. Repeat this for 6-12 reps and then do the same on your left food. Do 3-4 sets per foot.
Bigger Butt Exercise #5: One-Legged Cable Kickback
This really just isolates your glutes and forces them to grow.
1) Hook an ankle strap to a low cable pulley and adjust the weight to set the resistance. Then make sure you are facing the weight stack and attach the strap to your right ankle.
2) Then stand up, and move backwards, so you are 2 feet away from the machine. Also now grasp the frame of the pulley machine, you will need this for stability. That is your starting position.
3) Keep your hips and knees very slightly bent. Then kick your right legs backwards in a semi-circle, keeping your knee at the same bend. Do this as you breathe out, and take it all the way till you squeeze your backside.
4) Now slowly bring your right leg back towards the starting position, resisting the weight as you do so. Breathe in as you do this.
5) Do steps 3-4, for 6-12 reps, then repeat on your left leg. Do this for 3-4 sets.
And there you have it…
Go Get Started And Build A Muscular, Firm Backside You’ll Be Proud Of…
WARNING: You may get the girls staring and even pinching your butt
Oh, but before I forget, please make sure you get your nutrition right too! Without that you are destined to fail!
Well that’s it, best of luck and look forward to hearing about your results…